Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe`s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
“Our mission is to develop, integrate, optimize, and monitor Content Delivery supply chains; as well as to maintain and improve Platform Operations ERP and workflow systems. We are following latest industry standards, cutting edge technologies in Hybrid environment, both on-prem and in public cloud.” – Filiz Cayci, Director Content Platforms br> br>
What you’ll do
- You'll be responsible for the design, architecture and implementation of VoD supply chains
- By operating and enhancing a Broadcast Operations specific ERP system you can make a contribution
- Handling and enhancing on-prem workflow management orchestration solution is part of your job
- You operate, develop and monitor various RDBMS and NoSQL database solutions
- Developing enterprise services, microservices and FaaS solutions sounds fun to you
- You follow Extreme Programming (XP) methodologies
- Designing and implementing system integration patterns in the public cloud (AWS/Azure), network and service security, and CICD pipelines and Infrastructure as Code (IaC) is part of your job description
- You'll design monitoring and troubleshooting solutions
What you’ll bring
- You've a successfully completed degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar and at least 5-6 years of experience as an architect in the cloud or in the development of enterprise software
- Architecture or DevSecOps skills on public cloud platforms such as AWS and/or Azure are among your strengths and you've experience in one or more programming languages (e.g. .NET(C#), Python, node.js, Ruby)
- Knowledge and experience with RDBMS and NoSql database/document systems (MS-SQL, Dynamo DB, …) set you apart from other applicants
- Additionally, you've gained knowledge and experience with enterprise IT architectures, e.g. ERP, workflow management/development system (Azure Logic Apps, AWS Step Functions)
- Your knowledge of networking, VM, CNCF, Docker, Kubernetes, DNS, CICD, FaaS, LowCode&NoCode sets you apart from the rest and you¿ve experience in Windows Server and Linux environments, also shell scripting
- Knowledge and experience in the OTT environment and standards such as MPEG-DASH, CMAF, HLS, as well as content processing SaaS such as Elemental Media Convert, as well as monitoring solutions ELK, Splunk are desirable
- You're proactive and self-directed, always learning and on trend with the latest technologies
- Good English skills round out your profile
At Sky, we'll give you our full support, so you'll be all set to achieve your best. Our range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Free Sky Q
- Flexible working
- Company pension scheme
- Sky Company Bike
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
It is important to us to provide a fair and equal workplace for everyone. We strongly believe that a culture of diversity allows us to grow together and encourages creativity and innovation. Therefore, we will consider all qualified applications – regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion/belief, disability, age, sexual orientation and identity.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #WirbeiSky or #LifeatSky on social media.
A job you love to talk about.
Sky Deutschland GmbH br>
People & Organisation br>
Your Contact: Xenia Schmeusser