Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe`s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
“To ensure the high quality of our Sky Originals in a constantly changing market environment, solutions have to be found for increasingly complex issues. As part of the Business Affairs department, you can be an active part of this solution finding.” – Oliver Uenzen, Director Business Affairs Original Production br> br>
What you’ll do
- Part of your responsibility is to support above-the-line talent deals (i.e., writer, producer, director, cast, etc.), development deals (i.e., original scripts, book rights, format rights, etc.) and production deals
- Your job is to assist at commercial deal negotiations with independent producers and other co-financing production partners for Sky Studios Germany original commissioned programs
- Furthermore, you'll review and discuss chain of title agreements with Legal to ensure Sky Studios projects are structured appropriately
- Collaborating with Production Management and Finance teams to support the approval process for budgets and finance plans and to identify and handle risks during production displays your daily business
- You continuously stay ahead of key industry matters and agreements in the German TV market, including local TV tax credit and production incentives
- No day is the same – you'll be collaborating with and supporting the wider Sky Studios content team in Germany (including creative, production management and finance personnel) on key business as well as commercial issues and impacts, and identifying solutions as appropriate
- In addition, your job includes close liaison with Sky Legal and external legal advisors to ensure commercial terms / Sky Studios objectives are accurately reflected in legal agreements
What you’ll bring
- You've a Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent as well as profound experience (minimum of 2-4 years) in content commissioning and/or production in the German television industry in a similar role, e.g. at a producer or broadcaster
- In the past you were able to get insights in scripted content, including pertinent matters such as financing, tax credits and distribution
- You bring an understanding of contract law and intellectual property right (as applicable to the entertainment industry),
- After being in the industry for a while you have the ability to understand and implement new business models
- Excellent deal-making, negotiating, analytical, problem solving, written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills are significant
- You describe yourself as highly enthusiastic, enjoy working hard and getting things done, and demonstrate good judgment even in ambiguous situations
- Essentially, you are proactive and take the initiative
- You've a drive to deliver the best results and work on multiple projects within tight timeframes, staying calm and focused on finding solutions
- Excellent German and good English communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, organizational and computer skills distinguish you
At Sky, we'll give you our full support, so you'll be all set to achieve your best. Our range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Free Sky Q
- Flexible working
- Company pension scheme
- Sky Company Bike
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
It is important to us to provide a fair and equal workplace for everyone. We strongly believe that a culture of diversity allows us to grow together and encourages creativity and innovation. Therefore, we will consider all qualified applications – regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion/belief, disability, age, sexual orientation and identity.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #WirbeiSky or #LifeatSky on social media.
A job you love to talk about.
Sky Deutschland GmbH br>
People & Organisation br>
Your Contact: Simone Witzigmann